ABI is pleased to provide our members with curated access to the education, analysis and news you need to know. The site will be updated regularly, so check back often.
Subchapter V Sale Cases to Be Examined at the 2023 Annual Spring Meeting in Washington D.C. on April 20-22!
A special session at the 2023 Annual Spring Meeting will focus on the ways in which subchapter V cases progress through to a sale and/or plan, including statutory deadlines for subchapter V cases and how such deadlines do or don’t impact other Code sections, and whether Code deadlines are mandatory or discretionary. Attendees will learn standards and strategies to be considered in subchapter V cases. Register today!
For more detail and further analysis on Subchapter V cases, please click here.
Select Presentations on SBRA from ABI Events
Understanding the Nuts and Bolts of the “New” Subchapter V
The panel will explore the new requirements for filing and confirming a small business case under the new Subchapter V of Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code, which became effective on February 19, 2020, and will address the potential issues you and your clients are likely to confront in seeking to successfully effectuate a reorganization thereunder.
For more informative videos on SBRA, please click here.
- A Guide to the Small Business Reorganization Act from Bankruptcy Judge Paul W. Bonapfel (N.D. Ga.; Atlanta)
- There’s a New Trustee in Town: Examining the Role of Reorganization Trustees in Light of the New Subchapter V Standing Trustee
- SBRA: Eligibility, Governance and Oversight
- Not Fake News: Congress Enacts New, Sensible Bankruptcy Reform
- New Laws, New Duties: USTP’s Implementation of the HAVEN Act and the SBRA
Key Facts and FAQS
What SBRA Does
The below illustration provides a side-by-side comparison of the SBRA and prior bankruptcy law.
- Sample Form (D.N.J.): Chapter 11 Subchapter V Small Business Debtor's Plan of Reorganization [or Liquidation]
- Sample Form (D.N.J.): Subchapter V Status Report
- Full Text of the Small Business Reorganization Act of 2019 (P.L.154)
- House Judiciary Committee Report on SBRA
- House Judiciary Committee Hearing on "Oversight of Bankruptcy Law and Legislative Proposals"
- Testimony of Robert J. Keach on behalf of ABI before the House Judiciary Committee hearing on "Oversight of Bankruptcy Law and Legislative Proposals"